During their trial period, new Squarespace users are faced with learning a lot of new information and making decisions about their brand quickly. My team’s mission is to help new users find value with Squarespace during their free trial period, ultimately contributing to increased conversion rates and happy members.
To do this, my team has established a new (to Squarespace) way of working based on fast experimentation and prioritizing learning. We, along with our research team, have run successful experiences, including:
- A survey that helps Squarespace understand customer needs and goals, with the goal of enabling users to select the best template for them.
- An easy-to-access “Assistant” that guides users during onboarding, suggesting next steps and feature topics to explore.
- A new onboarding flow that teaches the “building blocks” of the Squarespace editor.
While this is an ongoing iterative process, we have already seen positive impact from this work.
- Increase in trial conversion
- Millions of new customer data points to explore